Plan your stay in a reputable surf camp & school in Arugam Bay with Paddyway Surf. Enjoy an unforgettable surfing adventure as you experience the beauty of Arugam Bay and its lifestyle. Offering you a range of surfing camp packages to choose from, we’ll help you sharpen your surfing skills in the beautiful waters of Arugam Bay. We also offer tailor-made Arugam Bay surfing packages to help you enjoy the surfing camp experience to fit your travel plans.
At Paddyway Surf, we work with experienced local surfing instructors and take time to pay attention to each student and help them reach their desired goals.
All our camps include theory lessons as well as practice surfing sessions to deliver you not just techniques but to help you master them to use in real-world scenarios. We always focus on your safety and maintain high safety measures and protocols, throughout the program.
Enjoy an unforgeable surfing camp in Arugam Bay worth your money with Paddyway Surf.
- Comfortable accommodation
- On-site restaurant
- Yoga pavilion
- Longue for relaxation
- 10 surf lessons per week
- Photo & Video analysis
- Suitable Surfboard
- Professional instructors
- Surfing Theory classes
- Weekly yoga session
- Breakfast of your choice
- Arrive at the Paddyway Surf Camp early afternoon. Enjoy the warm welcome and settle down after your long journey.
- Meet your surfing instructor at the surf school in Arugam Bay.
- Enjoy the dinner at the camp at 7.00 pm where you can meet the fellow surfers who will be joining with you in the surf camp for the next week or two.
- Wake up before the dawn to the sound of the Indian Ocean and get ready for your first day in Arugam Bay surf camp.
- Enjoy a warm cup of coffee or tea with a Banana and pack your bag for your first surfing session in Arugam Bay. When packing don’t forget your surfing suit, Paddyway surf vest, and your sunscreen.
- Meet the coach at the campsite who will assist you in selecting the right surfboard for you.
- Head to the beach by 5.00 am for your surfing session, where your coach will divide all the campers to different groups depending on your surfing skills.
- Join a 15 minutes lesson where you will be taught the basic skills and perform a drill to get you warmed up for the surfing session.
- Then, you can enjoy a 90 minutes surfing session with your coaches and head back to the camp for breakfast. You can enjoy a yoga class to relax in the morning (Optional)
- Spend the rest of the morning and the afternoon enjoying the beach and breeze.
- Head back to the beach at 4.30 for your second surfing session for the day. End the day with a feast of local cuisine and a cold beer.
- Wake up early in the morning and get ready to enjoy your second day of your Arugam Bay Surf camp.
- Enjoy a banana, and a coffee or tea with your fellow surfers and head to the beach around 5.00 am (This time can vary depending on the local tides and weather of the day)
- After your morning surfing session of …. minutes head back to the camp and enjoy your breakfast.
- Join a Yoga class if you like, and get ready for the next theory session.
- Sit back and relax or enjoy a good conversation with your fellow surfers.
- Head back to the waters around 4 pm for another surfing session. You can have your dinner at the camp or go out for dinner.
- After surfing for three days straight, you and your body will need time to recover. Thus, day four of your surf camp is a day off where you can enjoy the entire day without doing nothing but relaxing. You can slip into a hammock and enjoy the breeze and the views, read your favorite book as your sunbath or explore Arugam Bay and enjoy the culture, history, and nature of the area.
- On your fifth day at Arugam Bay surf Camp, you will follow the usual routine of the camp. Wake up at 4.00 am and head to the beach around 5.00 am after your morning coffee or tea for your dawn surfing session.
- Head back to the camp for your breakfast.
- Enjoy your yoga and head back to the beach for your second surfing session for the day. After having a day off, you will feel more refreshed and energetic for the day. You can enjoy your dinner at the camp or outside the camp.
- Today is the last day of surfing. In the morning, you will have your morning surfing session and then a theory session. You can enjoy a yoga session as well if you are in the mood for some yoga.
- In the afternoon, you can watch the photo slideshow of the week’s highlights with your new-found surf friends and receive your course completion certificate at the certification event.
- Spend the rest of the day at the camp or at the beach and enjoy the last dinner with your friends at the beach around a bonfire, enjoying some cold beers.
- Today is the last of your surf camp in Arugam Bay, and we don’t have any surfing sessions planned for the day. However, if you don’t have to leave until the afternoon, you can grab a surfboard from our camp and go for a final surfing session in Arugam bay.
- Usually, the checkout is at noon. However, your are welcome to hang out in the camp as long as you want.
A few days after your departure, you will receive an email from us checking on you to make sure you arrived safely. The email will also include videos and photos of your surfing adventure, a gift from us, which will be a precious souvenir for you.
Certificate of Appreciation
A certificate from Paddyway Surf to appreciate your participation in our surfing course in Arugam Bay, which will be a great souvenir to remember your incredible experience in a surfing school in Arugam Bay.
Enjoy an unforgettable surfing saga in Arugam Bay with your friends. Invite 3 of your adventure loving friends to get each up to 15% discount and experience a surfing adventure of a life time. Boys, girls anyone elder than an 8 years old is welcomed!.